The Wired Hide
Its name is reference to the electrical installation in this hide. Huge mirrored glass panes give excellent views out to the visiting wildlife without the need to squint through scrim netting. This hides main application is for owl sessions after dark however at some times of the year we use it for species such as Kestrel, Buzzard, Weasel/Stoat & Fox.
Camera support -
Manfrotto articulating arm - 3/8 bolt (Tripods are optional)
Composting toilet -
12v lighting -
Hot water -
Optimum lens -
300mm (owls) Wide angle photography is an option from this hide
Angle of view -
Ground level - 3ft above (vertical slot)
Max participants -
Main species during the night -
Barn owl & Tawny owl
Main species during the day -
Buzzard & Kestrel
Grass rising into a hedgerow 100m + away
Distance from Parking -
This hide is never sold species specific. Generally photographers spending the most part of the night in this hide will achieve images of both species of owl but as these birds are completely wild we can never fully guarantee which will show on any given night.
Contact us to see what species are currently visiting this hide or alternatively subscribe to our newsletter to receive the updates directly to your inbox.
Inside the Hide
(Click to enlarge images)
Images taken from the Hide
(Click to enlarge images)
- If you need to leave the hide for any reason please phone ahead and someone will come and escort you. This is done to protect the hide from irreparable damage that can happen should the wildlife see you leave
- Some of our hides are on a privately owned lake complex. Please do not leave the hide during your session and wander around as it is part of the agreement from the land owners that all guest will be escorted on and off the site
- Our other hides are on pasture and livestock graze the fields. We cannot stress enough how important it is to shut gates behind you and check that they have latched shut
- Please don’t leave the hide during the session and change the setup - phone ahead and we will come and help should there be a problem
- Please leave the hide as you found it and take all litter home with you.
Wildlife photography hides are not liable for any personal accident and or injury.
Wildlife photography hides are not liable for any loss and or damage to personal items/equipment.
Booking onto hide days, tours or a workshop means that you accept the terms and conditions stated.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure a visit by the birds, they are completely wild and so we can never guarantee this.