The Pond Hide
The motto we go by here at Wildlife Photography Hides is ‘create the habitat and the wildlife will move in’. This has certainly been the case with this project. Just days after filling the pond we recorded 4 species of dragonfly laying eggs and to date we have had confirmed visits from Osprey, Otter, Snipe & Grey Wagtail to name only a few of the more diverse species.
Camera support -
Shelf with Plates - 3/8 bolt & Bean Bags are supplied
Composting toilet -
12v lighting -
Hot water -
Optimum lens -
300mm is a good all round lens for this hide, Zooms and convertors give extra reach should you feel you need it
Angle of view -
Water level (2 portals pp) - 2ft above (1 portal pp)
Max participants -
Main species during the night -
Grey Heron & Otter
Main species during the day -
Kingfisher, Grey Heron & Little Egret
Reed beds & Hedgerow/Railway embankment
Distance from Parking -
This hide is never sold species specific. Generally photographers spending the day/night in this hide will achieve images of multiple water based species however everything that visits is completely wild we can never fully guarantee which will show on any given day/night.
Contact us to see what species are currently visiting this hide or alternatively subscribe to our newsletter to receive the updates directly to your inbox.
Inside the Hide
(Click to enlarge images)
Images taken from the Hide
(Click to enlarge images)
- If you need to leave the hide for any reason please phone ahead and someone will come and escort you. This is done to protect the hide from irreparable damage that can happen should the wildlife see you leave
- Some of our hides are on a privately owned lake complex. Please do not leave the hide during your session and wander around as it is part of the agreement from the land owners that all guest will be escorted on and off the site
- Our other hides are on pasture and livestock graze the fields. We cannot stress enough how important it is to shut gates behind you and check that they have latched shut
- Please don’t leave the hide during the session and change the setup - phone ahead and we will come and help should there be a problem
- Please leave the hide as you found it and take all litter home with you.
Wildlife photography hides are not liable for any personal accident and or injury.
Wildlife photography hides are not liable for any loss and or damage to personal items/equipment.
Booking onto hide days, tours or a workshop means that you accept the terms and conditions stated.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure a visit by the birds, they are completely wild and so we can never guarantee this.